Facebook View

Suing after a Slip-and-Fall Accident

Written by John D. Hawkins on . Posted in .

When you’re injured in a slip-and-fall accident, your recovery may be rough. You’re likely facing severe injuries, your expenses are growing, and you may not be sure who’s responsible for your suffering. You weren’t directly injured by someone, so it can be tough to act now for your compensation.

Suing after a slip-and-fall accident doesn’t have to be difficult, however. With a lawyer’s help, you may be able to focus on your recovery and fight for the full compensation you deserve. When you’re struggling with your claim, reach out for help getting the information you need to sue.

Who’s Responsible for a Slip-and-Fall?

When you’re injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you’ll first need to find the responsible party for the accident. They caused your suffering with their carelessness, so you’ll need to seek them out right away. FInding the right person can help you close your case even faster.

However, slip-and-fall cases can be a little confusing because the person who caused the accident may not be the person who’s financially liable for your injuries. For example, let’s say you slipped and fell in a store. An employee failed to put out a  “wet floor” sign, but they may not be financially responsible. Instead, their employer may be the liable party.

The property owner is typically responsible for injuries caused by serious negligence on their property. Since they own the property, it’s their responsibility to make sure it’s safe for the people invited onto that property. Because they have this responsibility, you may need to seek out compensation from them for your injuries.

Seeking Compensation for Your Damages

When you’re hurt, it can be tough to overcome the suffering you’ve experienced. You may even feel overwhelmed by the situation, which only makes recovery harder. Fortunately, your attorney can help you look over your damages and find the full worth of your claim.

For example, you may be struggling to understand the extent of your economic damages. These damages cover the financial losses you’ve suffered because of your fall. For example, if you fractured something in the fall, you may need compensation for your medical care, physical therapy, household accommodations, and your lost wages while you were unable to work.

You should also receive compensation for the emotional toll of a serious injury. Slip-and-fall accidents can be traumatic, but it can be difficult to put a price on your mental suffering. As such, you’ll need an attorney to guide you through your premises liability claim.

Contact a Lawyer to Sue after a Slip-and-Fall

When you’ve fallen and were hurt because someone else was careless, you deserve compensation for the losses you’ve suffered. Unfortunately, the other party may not be so willing to help you recover from the injuries.

Suing after a slip-and-fall accident can be difficult and confusing, especially when you’re trying to handle your injuries and your claim simultaneously. Fortunately, your attorney from HawkLaw, PA can help. Reach out for a free consult* today to learn more about the help we can offer for your claim.

Take advantage of our claim consultations by calling 1-888-HAWK-LAW (429-5529) or by completing the online form below.

HawkLaw Fights
To Win
Contact us for a free consultation*

"*" indicates required fields

Completing this online form does not constitute or create a lawyer-client relationship. HawkLaw respects your privacy and requests that you do not share sensitive or confidential information in online forms. This form is not confidential.
disclosure agreement*
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Written By John D. Hawkins

John David Hawkins is the Founder and Owner of HawkLaw. He has been licensed to practice law in South Carolina since his graduation in 1994 from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Focusing on litigation, Mr. Hawkins is experienced handling Worker’s Compensation, Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Administrative Law, and Criminal Law matters.

Recent Blog Posts

Contact us for a Free Consultation*

*Disclaimer: Cases are principally handled out of Greenville, Spartanburg, Charleston, and Columbia offices. Case "worth" is determined from the total settlement amount. The settlement amount shown are gross numbers before attorney’s fees and cost deductions. The % fees will be computed before deducting expenses and costs from the gross settlement. No fees or costs with no recovery. The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The specific results achieved for clients shared on this website do not imply that similar results may be achieved for other clients. Read Our Full Disclaimer. Read Our Privacy Policy