South Carolina Construction Accident Lawyer | HawkLaw, P.A.

South Carolina Construction Accident Lawyer

Construction workers face plenty of risks at work, and unfortunately, you might have suffered an accident. Speak with a South Carolina construction accident attorney to find who’s responsible and how much compensation you may be owed.

When you work in construction, you’re dealing with heavy machinery, high places, and dangerous situations on a regular basis. Sadly, that means many construction workers suffer serious injuries, and you may be one of them. Now you’re too hurt to work, and it’s impacting you and your family.

Construction accidents are serious, but determining your legal options for recovering compensation can take time if you don’t have help. You may need a South Carolina construction accident lawyer from HawkLaw, PA on your side. We understand that you’re dealing with a serious injury, and we’ll fight to get the compensation you need to recover after a construction accident.  

Work Comp for a South Carolina Construction Accident

When you’re struggling with an on-the-job construction injury, workers compensation might be the first avenue you explore as you seek compensation. Regardless of fault for the accident, workers comp benefits are paid if the insurance company approves your claim. But what do the benefits cover?

Generally, workman’s comp benefits should cover the expenses you’ve suffered because of the accident. Work comp should repay some of the wages you lost while you were unable to work. This gives you and your family a way to get by while you’re unable to earn a living.

You and your family might receive the following work comp benefits after a South Carolina construction accident:

The amount of compensation you receive will depend on how long you’re unable to work, the type of injury, and where the injury is. Unfortunately, many workers comp claimants face serious resistance from the insurer. That’s where a construction accident lawyer in South Carolina can step in.

When Should You File a Personal Injury Claim?

Not every construction accident will be covered by workers compensation insurance. Instead, you may need to file a civil personal injury suit for the compensation you’re owed. This process can be confusing because there are only a few types of work injury cases that aren’t covered by work comp. However, there are some case types that warrant action outside of the workers compensation system.

Personal injury claims are often your best option if your employer intentionally or illegally caused harm. For example, let’s say that your employer actively tried to injure you or brought illegal substances into your workplace. You’re injured because of this, but instead of filing a workers comp claim, you may need to file a personal injury claim.

This may also be the best route for you if your employer is one of the few employers exempt from providing workers compensation. Also, your employer may not be responsible for the injuries you’ve suffered if a third party caused the accident.

If there’s a chance that you won’t be eligible for workers comp, talk to a construction accident lawyer in South Carolina about which option is best for you.  

Compensation for a Construction Injury

When you’re filing an injury claim for a construction accident, you’ll need to know how much your damages are worth. This can be difficult to determine without help from an attorney because your non-financial losses can be difficult to determine. Your lawyer will help you calculate the right price for your damages—based on the severity of your losses and their impact on your life.

If you’re seeking compensation through a personal injury claim, you could receive compensation for some or all of the following damages:

  • Current and future medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earning capacity
  • Emotional trauma
  • Pain and suffering

Connect with a South Carolina Construction Accident Attorney

It’s unfortunate, but your construction accident claim might not be as simple as filing and waiting for a check. In some cases, you might have to take some extra steps to get the full compensation you deserve after your accident.

If you’re not sure what type of case you’re dealing with, get help from a lawyer at HawkLaw, PA. Without help, you and your family could go for a long time without compensation, which puts more strain on you. Fortunately, our attorneys offer free case reviews. We’ll let you know what case type you’re dealing with and how to recover what you’re owed as quickly as possible.

When you’re ready to get started, reach out to a South Carolina construction accident lawyer for help. To arrange your free consultation, call 1-888-HAWK-LAW (429-5529) or fill out the online contact form below.